Male senior in a New York City high school
A New York City resident
Bound for college in Fall 2020
As the world becomes more complex and as change comes more quickly than ever before, creativity and entrepreneurial skills are becoming more and more important.
1. Identify a need in the world you want to address or a market that you want to enter.
2. Provide a description of something you would create (that doesn't already exist) to address that need or tap into that market.
3. Describe the types of people you would need to support you in successfully creating your invention. Include the skills, knowledge, or connections you would want them to have.
4. If possible, name people in your current network (or in the networks of family and friends) that you would have support you in creating this invention.
5. Talk about other resources and support you would need.
The typewritten essay must be 750 – 1000 words, double-spaced, and must have a title page that includes your name, high school, and date of submission.
It will be judged on its readability, the defense and development of your opinion, your grammar, and your adherence to the word requirement.
Do NOT answer each question in numbered form. Instead, write an essay in narrative or descriptive form that answers all the questions and provides all the necessary information.
You must submit three items:
You can send all three items to email@example.com or to the following address:
Omega Psi Phi Fraternity, Inc.—Epsilon Chapter
High School Essay Contest
PO Box 2867
Brooklyn, NY 11202-2867
(Please put this information on a one-page Word or PDF document separate from your essay.)
PHONE NUMBER and E-MAIL ADDRESS
NAME, ADDRESS, and PHONE NUMBER of your HIGH SCHOOL
NAME and E-MAIL ADDRESS of a TEACHER or GUIDANCE COUNSELOR who knows you well
SPECIAL ACADEMIC COURSES you have taken in high school
ACADEMIC AWARDS you have received in high school
EXTRA-CURRICULAR ACTIVITIES (this also includes programs outside of school)
WORK EXPERIENCE (paid or volunteer, part time or full time)
SKILLS, TALENTS, or INTERESTS
ANY ADDITIONAL INFORMATION about you we should know